Guacamole is so good period! But this Authentic Mexican Guacamole Recipe is really good!! What I’m I saying, a whole lot better than good actually! So before I continue here, whether it is today, tomorrow or this weekend, make sure to try this guacamole recipe. I want you to make it with a little bit of a twist from your traditional guacamole recipe though.
This authentic Mexican guacamole recipe is made with habanero peppers! YUM! My friends, listen to me, when ever I first make this guacamole recipe with habanero peppers for a group of friends who have never tried it, some of them are a little hesitant because of the heat of the habanero pepper in the guacamole. Well listen to me again, this is to you, so please listen, the only thing you have to be hesitant or scared of here, is when you are actually chopping the pepper that you do not put your fingers in your eyes cause that wouldn’t be fun, that I promise! But afraid of the heat in this guacamole dip, you don’t have to be! The habanero pepper just adds character and has a great interaction with the avocado.
Fun Facts about AVOCADOS
- The avocado originated from south central Mexico.
- Most of us believe an avocado is a vegetable buutt it’s actually a single seeded berry!
- Did you know there is evidence that avocados have been consumed for almost 10,000 years in Central Mexico? There is evidence that Mesoamerican tribes of the Olmec, Mayan and Incas grew avocado trees.
- Peruvian archaeologists have found cultivated avocados seeds dating back to 750 BC buried with Incan mummies.
- Here is a really awesome fun fact, ready? Avocados contain more protein than most any other fruit, hey actually, this may be my next post! “Are avocados the highest in protein content of fruits?” Really I may do this, who thinks protein comes from fruits!! Isn’t it from meat, fish, poultry??? Hmmm?!
Okay so let’s get to this fabulous Authentic Mexican Guacamole Recipe!!!
Authentic Mexican Guacamole Recipe
|Prep time||10 minutes|
|Cook time||10 minutes|
|Total time||20 minutes|
|Meal type||Appetizer, Snack|
|Misc||Pre-preparable, Serve Cold|
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup mayonaisse
- 1 tablespoon tomato bouillon with chicken flavor
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 habanero (finely chop)
- 1/2 of a small red onion (chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
|Cut open the avocado straight across lengthwise with a knife. Remove soft creamy pulp with a spoon and place in a bowl. With a fork, mash avocado to make guacamole texture.|
|Add all the rest of the ingredients mayonnaise, tomato chicken bouillon, lime juice, habanero pepper, onion, cilantro and mix well together. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with tortilla chips or anything of your choice!!|18