I hope you enjoy this dish as much as I do! It’s great on its own or with tortilla chips, on top of steak, grilled chicken etc. So you see my carnivores this recipe works for you as well! If you love ceviche, I promise you, you will love this dish, Mushroom Ceviche!
And another thing, if you don’t like mushrooms very much, I promised you, you will after having this dish! I’m still amazed at how much this Mushroom Ceviche tastes like seafood ceviche.
And it’s so pretty too! The colors in this ceviche make it the perfect side dish to any holiday meal.
|Meal type||Appetizer, Salad, Side Dish, Snack, Starter|
|Misc||Child Friendly, Pre-preparable|
- 10 Ounces crimini mushrooms or of your choice (cleaned and thinly sliced)
- 1 Small red onion (cut in half and thinly sliced)
- 2-3 garlic cloves (roasted in skin)
- 1/2 red pepper (rinsed and thinly sliced)
- 1/2 green pepper (rinsed and thinly sliced)
- 6 limes (cut in half and juiced)
- 1-2 jalapenos (rinsed, seeded, deveined and chopped)
- 1 Tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper (to taste)
|Roast garlic (in skin) in a skillet over medium heat for 15 minutes until somewhat soft (skin will turn brownish in color). Squish or peel garlic and place in bowl. Mash garlic with a spoon.|
|Clean mushrooms and slice thinly (chop about a quarter inch of rough stems). Thinly slice peppers and red onion. Rinse jalapenos, devein/ remove membrane and chop. Chop cilantro. Place all ingredients in bowl with the garlic. Cut limes in half and juice into bowl. Add olive oil and salt and pepper. Stir all together and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight to marinate well.|
|Enjoy your Mushroom Ceviche!|