Ceviche Verde-Green Ceviche
|Meal type||Appetizer, Snack, Starter|
- 1 Pound small raw shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1-2 tomatillos (husk removed, rinsed and chopped into quarters)
- 1 avocado (seed removed and into quarter inch cubes)
- 4 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 4 scallions (rinsed and chopped)
- 1-2 habernero peppers (seeds removed and finely chopped)
- 1 serrano pepper (seeds and membrane removed, finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup lime juice (use fresh limes)
- a handful of cilantro
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- tortilla chips
|Peel and devein shrimp and place in a plastic bowl. Place in the refrigerator until ready to use.|
|Remove husk from tomatillo, rinse and quarter. |
Place all in a blender or chopper and blend until smooth. Pour all the liquid into bowl with shrimps.
Remove pit from avocado and cut into quarter inch pieces.
Chop scallions and garlic.
Add to bowl and refrigerate for a few hours or better if marinated overnight.
Add salt , pepper and finely chopped habanero, serrano peppers when ready to serve.
|Serve in small glasses, shot glasses or martini glasses. Serve with tortilla chips or by itself. Enjoy!|
|Serves 4 or more if served in shot glasses.|