Delicioso Mexican Bean Dip
This Delicioso Mexican Bean Dip is always a hit in my home! Made with refried beans, salsa verde, cream cheese, onions, tomatoes, garlic, monterey jack cheese, smoky spices, cilantro, topped with queso fresco and served with tortilla chips. Excellent dip!
- 15 Ounces refried beans
- 1/2 cup salsa verde homemade (link below) or store bought
- 8 Ounces cream cheese
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 8 Ounces monterey jack cheese/pepper jack freshly grated
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-2 tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro coarsely chopped
- salt to taste
- tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup queso fresco (optional)
If using homemade salsa verde follow link. Preheat oven to 350°F (177 Celsius). In an oven proof skillet cook onions over medium heat until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Add refried beans, salsa verde, cayenne pepper, cream cheese and salt to taste. Mix well together.
Add monterey cheese on top. Put in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Top with tomatoes, queso fresco and cilantro. Serve hot with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
Serving: 4g | Calories: 555kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 40g | Saturated Fat: 23g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 1417mg | Potassium: 314mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1960IU | Vitamin C: 7.8mg | Calcium: 612mg | Iron: 1.7mg