Sopa de Hongos (Mushroom Soup)
You will love this Sopa de Hongos /Mushroom Soup recipe. Hyper flavorful broth. Made with thinly sliced mushrooms, chicken broth, garlic, onions, guajillo peppers, kale and succulent shrimp (optional). The perfect starter to any meal. Absolutely delicious!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 lb white mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2-4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 dry guajillo peppers stem and seeds removed, cut into rings
- 2 tbsp butter do not use margarine please
- 1 bunch Kale rinse and only use leaves, discard tough stems
- 32 ounces chicken broth (vegetable broth if making vegetarian)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and devein
In a pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add guajillo rings, garlic and onion and cook for 2 minutes.
Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
Add shrimp (if adding shrimp) and kale. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve soup in bowls. Enjoy!
Serving: 4g | Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 301mg | Sodium: 1774mg | Potassium: 742mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1600IU | Vitamin C: 42.5mg | Calcium: 212mg | Iron: 3.7mg