Shrimp Ceviche Tostadas
These Shrimp Ceviche Tostadas are light, refreshing and perfect anytime. This shrimp ceviche is served on top of a layer of avocado cream on top of a crispy tostada shell.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time3 hrs
Total Time3 hrs 10 mins
- 1 pound medium or large raw shrimp peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced, half mooned
- 2 roma tomatoes seeds removed and chopped
- 1 jalapeño seeds removed and chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves finely diced
- 6 limes juiced
- 3 lemons juiced
- handful fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 8 tostada shells
Avocado Guacamole Cream
- 2 avocados peeled and seeded
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños seeds removed, chopped
- 1 roma tomato seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup Mexican Cream or sour cream
- salt to taste
Chop shrimp into 2-3 pieces. Place in a bowl and pour juice of limes and lemons. Toss shrimp and refrigerate for 2 hours. Stir occasionally.The acid from the limes and lemons will "cook" the shrimp. After 2 hours add the onions, tomatoes, jalapeño, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper.Stir all together and let sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour or longer.
*Could prepare the ceviche the night before and allow flavors to fuse overnight.
*If you cannot find tostada shells in supermarket, simply fry corn tortillas in a tablespoon of oil over medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Ready to use.
Serving: 8g | Calories: 253kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 142mg | Sodium: 846mg | Potassium: 505mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 345IU | Vitamin C: 51.9mg | Calcium: 132mg | Iron: 2.3mg