Puerto Rican Sofrito
Puerto Rican Sofrito is the seasoning sauce and base to most Latin and Puerto Rican cooking. Have some store in your refrigerator or frozen and you will be able to make any Puerto Rican dish you like. Very easy to make and done in under ten minutes.
Prep Time10 mins
Total Time10 mins
Servings: 2 cups
- 1 green bell pepper rinsed, seeds removed and chopped into big pieces
- 2 roma tomatoes rinsed and chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 10 aji peppers or 1 red bell pepper rinsed and coarsely chopped
- whole head of garlic peeled
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 10 culantro leaves or another handful of cilantro rinsed
- 1/4 olive oil or vegetable oil optional
Add all ingredients to a blender, food chopper or food processor and blend until well pureed.Note: If sofrito is hard to blend, add a few tablespoons of water or oil.
Serving: 20ounces | Calories: 45kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 7mg | Potassium: 331mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 735IU | Vitamin C: 60.4mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 0.5mg