Sopa de Hongos (Mushroom Soup)
You will love this Sopa de Hongos /Mushroom Soup recipe. Hyper flavorful broth. Made with thinly sliced mushrooms, chicken broth, garlic, onions, guajillo peppers, kale and succulent shrimp (optional). The perfect starter to any meal. Absolutely delicious!
- 1 lb white mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2-4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 dry guajillo peppers stem and seeds removed, cut into rings
- 2 tbsp butter do not use margarine please
- 1 bunch Kale rinse and only use leaves, discard tough stems
- 32 ounces chicken broth (vegetable broth if making vegetarian)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and devein
In a pot over medium heat, melt butter. Add guajillo rings, garlic and onion and cook for 2 minutes.
Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
Add chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Cook for 10 minutes.
Add shrimp (if adding shrimp) and kale. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve soup in bowls. Enjoy!
Serving: 4g | Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 301mg | Sodium: 1774mg | Potassium: 742mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1600IU | Vitamin C: 42.5mg | Calcium: 212mg | Iron: 3.7mg