Hamburger Foil Packets
These Hamburger Foil Packets also known as Hamburger Hobo Packets or Ground Beef Hobo Packets are made with beef patties marinated in salsa verde and seasoned with Montreal steak seasoning, potatoes, veggies, cheese, butter and baked to tender perfection. Total comfort food!
- 2 beef patties I use 70/30 or 80/20 lean patties
- 2 potatoes skin on or peeled, cut into thin slices
- 1/2 red or white onion Cut into slices and then half moons
- 1/2 green, red or yellow bell pepper Cut into slices and then half moons
- Montreal steak seasoning what I used but you can season differently
- salsa verde could use my recipe or use store bought
- 4 slices of provolone, mozzarella or havarti cheese two slices in each packet
- 4 tbsp butter two tablespoons in each packet
- salt to taste
- Cherry peppers for topping on burgers optional
Need Aluminum Foil and Vegetable Spray
Season beef patties with the salsa verde, then sprinkle Montreal steak seasoning and salt to taste.
Cut each foil sheet about a 2 feet in length. This allows for you to stuff your packets comfortably.Spray both sheets with vegetable spray to prevent food from sticking.
Lay out one foil sheet at a time.Layer the slices of one potato to the center of foil and sprinkle with salt.
Layer with half of the pepper and onion slices.
Top with two tablespoons of butter and season again with a sprinkle of salt.
Add two slices of cheese and top with one seasoned beef patty. Top with cherry peppers (optional)
Now roll over the foil from one side to the other side and seal ends well.Repeat process with the other foil sheet and ingredients.
Cook both packets in the oven facing up for 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender at 375 degrees.
Serving: 2g | Calories: 568kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 41g | Saturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 120mg | Sodium: 308mg | Potassium: 1223mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 710IU | Vitamin C: 26.3mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 9.1mg