Mexican Shrimp Ceviche
This Mexican Shrimp Ceviche is marinated in fresh lemon and lime juice and mixed with fresh tomatoes, red onions, cucumbers, jalapenos, fresh garlic cloves and cilantro. Excellent, delicious and refreshing.
- 1 lb raw medium to jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 to 2 cups ripe tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion finely chopped or thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper seeded and minced
- 1 cup cucumber peeled, seeded and diced
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves coarsely to finely chopped
- 4 limes seeded and squeezed, reserve juice in a small bowl
- 2 lemons seeded and squeezed, reserve juice in a small bowl (reserve one lemon
- 1-2 tbsp red hot sauce optional
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt regular salt is fine too
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- tortilla chips optional
Put raw shrimp in nonreactive bowl, such as a glass or plastic bowl. Pour lemon and lime juice over shrimp, toss and refrigerate covered for 2 1/2 hours. Note: The acidity in the lemons and limes "cook" the shrimp.
Add all additional ingredients and refrigerate for another hour. Add hot sauce if desired to mixture.
Finally add shrimp ceviche into individual martini glasses, sundae glasses or decorate bowl. Garnish with sliced lemon. Serve with tortilla chips on the side if desired.
*If using jumbo shrimp, cut each shrimp into 2 to 3 pieces before marinating so the shrimp cooks evenly in juice.
If you like add avocado cubes to mixture.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 325kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 285mg | Sodium: 1437mg | Potassium: 327mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 230IU | Vitamin C: 60.7mg | Calcium: 214mg | Iron: 3.3mg