Tilapia Ceviche with Guacamole and Tortilla Chips
This Tilapia Ceviche with Guacamole and Tortilla Chips is a superb Mexican Appetizer.Creamy,flavorful guacamole, succulent ceviche over a chip.OMG YUMMY!
Prep Time1 hr
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time1 hr 10 mins
- tortilla chips
- small jar of red pimientos
- 3 avocados sliced in half, pit and flesh removed, mashed
- salt to taste
- 1/2 lime sprinkle over avocado mash, to prevent discoloring
- cilantro handful
- 1/4 cup olive oil a little more if vinaigrette is too pasty
- 1 lb fresh or frozen tilapia cut into small cubes
- 6-8 limes cut in half, juice squeezed, reserve half a lime
- 1/2 cucumber finely chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños finely chopped, remove seeds and white membrane if you do not like a little heat
- 4 roma tomatoes chopped
- 3 scallions thinly sliced
- 2 fresh garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- salt to taste
Cut tilapia into small cubes and set aside in a plastic bowl. Cut all limes reserving half of a lime for the guacamole.
Squeeze and juice all other limes. Pour lime juice over tilapia, stir together and refrigerate.
While tilapia is marinating in the lime juice, cut the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, jalapeños, scallions, cilantro and garlic.
Add and mix all to tilapia with salt to taste. Refrigerate again for another hour until tilapia is cooked and flavors are well blended.
Cut avocados lengthwise to expose pit. With a knife, gently tap pit and twist to remove it.
Remove avocado flesh with a spoon and mash with a fork. Add the reserved lime juice to avocado to prevent discoloring. Add salt to taste and stir.
Place tortilla chip on a platter and with a cookie dough scooper or spoon, scoop guacamole on chip.
Top with ceviche on top of guacamole and one or two pimientos. Sprinkle cilantro vinaigrette over ceviche, guacamole and chip. Enjoy!
Serving: 6g | Calories: 414kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 28g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 103mg | Potassium: 992mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 720IU | Vitamin C: 43.2mg | Calcium: 81mg | Iron: 2mg