Mexican Bruschetta Recipe
This Mexican Bruschetta Recipe is made with a fresh guacamole, tomatoes, red onions, jalapeños, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, topped with queso fresco, savory cooked shrimp (Shrimp optional) on top of toasted french baguette. Excellent snack or starter to any meal. Served on top of a white platter.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 handful fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3 roma tomatoes rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno seeded and minced (keep seeds in if you want extra hot bruschetta
- queso fresco crumbled with fingers
- salt to taste
- 1 roll baguette or french bread 1/2 sliced
- oil to brush on bread slices
- shrimps (optional)
- 2 avocados peeled, pit removed flesh smashed with fork
- salt to taste
Slice bread. With a brush, oil the bread slices. Place on a baking pan and broil for 5 minutes on both sides.Make sure not to burn.
Take the avocados and mash with a fork, sprinkle with a tablespoon of lime juice and add salt to taste.Set aside.
In a medium bowl, add tomatoes, onions, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, lime juice and salt to taste. Mix well.
Add and spread about a tablespoon and a half of guacamole to the toast.
Add pico de gallo mixture on top.
Finally top with crumbled queso fresco.
Note: If you're adding shrimp, top off with cooked shrimp.
Serving: 6g | Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 262mg | Potassium: 457mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 355IU | Vitamin C: 11.8mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1.7mg