This Mexican Bruschetta Recipe is made with a fresh guacamole, tomatoes, red onions, jalapeños, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, topped with queso fresco, savory cooked shrimp (shrimp optional) on top of toasted french baguette. Excellent snack or starter to any meal.
Mexican Bruschetta Recipe
If you have ever had a bruschetta recipe then you already know how tasty and delicious bruschetta is. And a Mexican Bruschetta recipe is certainly no different! This bruschetta recipe is super easy, really fast to make and scrumptious!
This is a no fuss Mexican Appetizer and a finger food that really can be made at anytime because you probably already have all the ingredients in your fridge.
And if you’re one of my fabulous vegetarian followers, guess what? Don’t top it with anything. This Mexican bruschetta recipe is perfect without a topping too.
A quick and simple guacamole…
And the mixture of the tomatoes, onions, jalapeno, cilantro, garlic and lime juice… suddenly makes for the perfect and easiest pico de gallo for this bruschetta recipe.
And lets not forget the queso fresco.
Do not fret if you cannot find queso fresco, just replace with crumbled feta cheese and you’re back in the game!
One thing I will say about this delicious mexican bruschetta recipe is, it’s so good and after one or two pieces, you will crave more, so, if you have more than three pieces, just know it’s quite filling. What does that mean? If you’re planning on having it as an appetizer before dinner, I forewarn you, maybe serve it about an hour or so before dinner. 😊
Maybe it’s better to serve this mexican bruschetta recipe as a snack instead.
Till our next Mexican Appetizer my friends and here’s to this Mexican Bruschetta Recipe!
Vegan or have a vegan at home? Vegan Bruschetta by Ceara’s Kitchen.
This Mexican Bruschetta Recipe is made with a fresh guacamole, tomatoes, red onions, jalapeños, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, topped with queso fresco, savory cooked shrimp (Shrimp optional) on top of toasted french baguette. Excellent snack or starter to any meal. Served on top of a white platter.
- 3 roma tomatoes rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1/2 to 1 jalapeno seeded and minced (keep seeds in if you want extra hot bruschetta
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 handful fresh cilantro chopped
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- queso fresco crumbled with fingers
- salt to taste
- 1 roll baguette or french bread 1/2 sliced
- oil to brush on bread slices
- 2 avocados peeled, pit removed flesh smashed with fork
- salt to taste
- Slice bread. With a brush, oil the bread slices. Place on a baking pan and broil for 5 minutes on both sides.
Make sure not to burn.
- Take the avocados and mash with a fork, sprinkle with a tablespoon of lime juice and add salt to taste.
- In a medium bowl, add tomatoes, onions, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, lime juice and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Add and spread about a tablespoon and a half of guacamole to the toast.
- Add pico de gallo mixture on top.
- Finally top with crumbled queso fresco.
- Note: If you're adding shrimp, top off with cooked shrimp.
Let me know if you made this Mexican bruschetta recipe and how much you loved it….share your comments with me.