These Albondigas al Chipotle (Mexican Chipotle Meatballs) are perfectly moist, delectable and absolutely spectacular. Have them as an appetizer or as a entree on top of rice!
Meatballs in Chipotle Sauce
Albondigas al Chipotle, now this is a recipe! Ooooh these are so moist and flavorful. These albondigas al chipotle (Meatballs in Chipotle Sauce) my friends is just spectacular! I make these pretty often and you know why?! Cause they are enduring and super tasteful, a lasting memory that craves for your attention. Craves for more, craves for your tastebuds to fall into a mouthful of estasy!!! Yes I said it, ESTASY!!
Now listen, I have to be honest, I’m not really a ground beef kind of girl. I know for the most part you surely may be, you know a ground beef kind of friend….so why I’m I sharing this with you? Because we are here to not only share in my love and your love of Mexican Appetizers but to share our thoughts and feelings about food, right?! So, as for me, yep, I’m not a lover of ground beef, I barely even like burgers!!! For me, a hamburger has to have absolutely ALL the toppings, ALL the extras, for me to truly it!! So again, why I’m I telling you this, well because, when I share a recipe that the main ingredient is ground beef, I really want you to believe me when I tell you that this recipe is sooo good!!!
Now the thing is what really makes these meatballs for me and I promise it will be for you too, is the chipotle sauce, yes the chipotle sauce! Yesss, the meatballs are great and yummy and moist and flavorful on their own but with the sauce, OMGoody goody!! These meatballs go on a whole other level, a level you will not want to come back from. But you have to promise to make my homemade sauce, no store bought chipotle sauce, okay?! You want to truly know what I mean then you have to go through the whole process, no cheating!! 🙂
And you know that thing I said before about ground beef and how if I make a recipe where the main ingredient is ground beef then that recipe must be so good cause this here girl is not a ground beef lover? Well here is a little more proof for you, also try these delectable Mexican appetizers made with ground beef….Mexican Empanadas with Green Sauce, and Mexican Samosas.
Also, you can have these Albondigas al Chipotle on their own as an appetizer or for dinner on top of white rice, absolutely yummy!
Albondigas al Chipotle
- 1 Pound ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 whole egg
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 slice of sandwich bread
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 serrano pepper seeds and ribs removed and finely chopped
- cube cheese chucks
- hard boiled eggs cut in small cubes
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 roma tomatoes chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 white onion chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large mixing bowl, add the slice of bread and milk. Break bread apart with fingers. Add the ground beef, egg, garlic, salt and pepper. Mix well together. Form 1 1/2 to 2 inch meatballs. You should have around 20 meatballs.
Chipotle Sauce for Meatballs
- Blend tomatoes and chipotle peppers in a chopper or blender until smooth but still a little chunky (unless, you like your sauce very smooth, then blend longer).
Cook Sauce and Meatballs
- Over medium heat, in a pot or large saucepan, add vegetable oil and cook onions until translucent. About 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes. Add tomato, chipotle sauce mixture. Add chicken broth and lower heat some. Simmer sauce for about 10 minutes. Add the cilantro, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper to taste. Stir. Add meatballs and cook for another 25 minutes. Enjoy!
- * Serve meatballs with a toothpick for appetizer or serve with white rice is having as a meal.
Steps to follow….hope it helps! 🙂
Slice of bread, milk…crumble with fingers.
Now add ground beef, egg, garlic, salt and pepper…mix well.
Form ground meat into 1 1/2 to 2 inch meatballs. Note and Optional: Here is where you can add a cube of cheese, a sliver of serrano pepper or a piece of hard boiled egg.
Chop tomatoes and add to chopper with chipotle peppers…blend well.
Chop onion and cook until translucent. Add garlic. Add sauce and follow the rest of the recipe instructions.
Add raw meatballs to cook directly in sauce and add the rest of the ingredients…
Final deliciousness done!!
Serve as an appetizer…
Serve for dinner with white or yellow rice….
Please leave your comments…can’t wait to read them! 😉