These Fried Avocado Dippers recipe is a perfect delicious vegetarian dish. Avocado wedges coated in panko crumbs and served with a creamy delicious chipotle dip.
Fried Avocado Dippers
Hey everyone! Fried Avocado Dippers anyone?!
Today’s appetizer is super simple and tasty! And if you are an avocado lover like I am, then stay here with me, okay?
The creamy chipotle dip makes for the perfect companion to these fried avocado dippers.
So here’s the thing, having a few friends over? Want to serve up a quick appetizer? Well, here it is!
Fried Avocado Tacos
Here’s another great idea! Why not take your fried avocado dippers and lay them on a corn or flour tortilla on a bed of shredded cabbage with the smoky chipotle dip? Hmmm, sounds like a great idea to me!
Fried Avocado Tacos coming near you!!
Okay so back to these fried avocado dippers!
We first start with the Creamy Chipotle Dip. Mix together 1/2 a cup of mayo, 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, 1/4 cup of sour cream, 1 garlic clove, 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice and salt to taste. And wallaaaa all done! You have yourself a very tasty delicious smoky chipotle dip!
Next you take 3 separate bowls of flour, egg and panko bread crumbs.
Cut the 2 avocados in half, pit and remove avocado flesh from skin.
Cut avocado into wedges. Season with salt.
Dip wedges in flour, then eggs and finally panko crumbs.
Heat oil in a saucepan and fry the wedges. Drain on paper towels and serve with the smokey chipotle dip!
Sprinkle the fried avocado dippers with lime juice.
If you would like a “skinny” version of a chipotle sauce, try 5 Minute Skinny Chipotle Sauce from Gimme Delicious.
- 2 avocados halved, pitted and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs japanese style breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
- salt to taste
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce found in the international aisle
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt to taste
- Take all ingredients for the creamy chipotle dip and place in a chopper or blender and blend until chipotle peppers are fully chopped and blended well with all other ingredients. Taste to see it needs more salt.
- In 3 separate bowls place the flour, eggs and panko breadcrumbs.
- Season wedges with salt.
- Dunk avocado wedges in flour, then egg and finally breadcrumbs.
Heat oil in a sauce pan over medium heat until oil sizzles when you sprinkle a little bit of flour into oil. Oil will be ready for dippers.
Fry avocado dippers (wedges) and cook on both sides until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve the fried avocado dippers with the creamy chipotle dip and lime wedges.
Sprinkle lime juice over wedges before serving. Enjoy!
When are you going to be making these creamy fried avocado dippers?