These Slow Cooker Pork Rib Tacos are so delicious, moist and an easy weeknight meal. Made with savory pork and topped with the most perfect tomato jalapeño sauce, red onions, pimientos, cilantro and lime. Excellent recipe. An absolute must make.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links at no extra cost to you. When I find a great product or service, I like to share it with my readers.
Slow Cooker Pork Rib Tacos
These Slow Cooker Pork Rib Tacos are perfect anytime! Yep that’s how I’m going to start this post, by saying these pork rib tacos are just absolutely perfect anytime. Because they really are!
Breakfast, lunch, dinner, as an appetizer, snack or anytime in between.
Well I’ll let you know, I made these pork tacos a day ago and had them again this morning and again for lunch….I don’t know why or maybe I do, but….
I think we can agree that sometimes there is nothing better than having a hyper-flavorful, moist pork taco that makes you want one pork taco after another.
In otherwords, the only thing stopping you from eating more pork rib tacos is simply not looking like a slobbering fool in front of everyone.
I believe you will feel that way after having these tacos too!
Cooking Methods for These Pork Rib Tacos
These pork rib tacos can be made two ways:
In a slow cooker of course and on your stove top.
Using a slow cooker: The ease of placing the pork ribs and all your delicious ingredients in the slow cooker with some chicken broth or citrus juices is a great alternative.
After all ingredients are added, press and forget! Go get on with your day and 6-8 hours later you will be ready for your slow cooker pork rib tacos.
Stove top: Pork ribs can be cut into one inch chunks and then simmered for a good 45-minutes to an hour and in a little bit over an hour you will be enjoying delicious pork rib tacos.
Besides having savory moist delicious tacos, you must have an equally delicious sauce.
I decided to pair these pork rib tacos with my tomato jalapeño salsa.
This salsa is perfect for these!
Another sauce I definitely would have topped it with is my avocado salsa verde if I had a fresh homemade batch ready.
This would have been an equally delicious option.
I then topped the pork rib tacos with thinly sliced red onions, pimientos and cojita cheese.
These were perfect!
SLOW COOKER PORK RIB TACOS
- 2 pounds boneless pork ribs cut into 2 inch chunks
- 1 onion quartered
- 4-5 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons mexican oregano or regular oregano is ok
- 1-2 tablespoons of chipotle in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or orange juice
TOMATO JALAPEÑO SALSA
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1/2 onion or a small one
- 1 jalapeño
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- corn tortillas
- 1 red onion or white is fine too thinly sliced
- cilantro sprinkled on top of tacos
- 3 limes sprinkle lime over tacos
FOR SERVING (OPTIONAL)
- cojita cheese sprinkled on top of tacos
- In a bowl combine minced garlic, chipotle sauce, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and a little pepper (or to taste).
- After rinsing and cutting the pork boneless ribs, season with mixed spices. Mix well together.
- Add pork to the slow cooker with chicken broth or juice. Add quartered onion.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low or 4 to 5 hours on high until pork falls apart.
- Shred pork with two forks.
- Cook for another 10 minutes so flavors can infuse with shredded pork.
Tomato Jalapeño Salsa
- Roast the tomatoes at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Could also broil for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the roasted tomatoes to a blender or chopper. Add onion, garlic and about a 1/4 or half of the jalapeño.
- Pulse to blend and taste for heat level.
- If salsa is not spicy enough, add another 1/4 of jalapeño or more, continue until you truly enjoy the level of heat.
- Add salt to taste. (pepper if you like)
- Warm up 12-16 corn tortillas in a microwave on a plate.
- Can also warm up in foil in the oven.
- For tacos, add pork, salsa, red onions, pimientos (if using), cojita cheese (if using), chopped cilantro and sprinkled lime juice.Enjoy!
Let me know what you think about these Slow Cooker Pork Rib Tacos!
Leave a Reply