The best of two worlds, avocado and salsa verde come together to create this delicious Avocado Salsa Verde. Blend tomatillos, serrano pepper, onion, garlic, cilantro and an avocado and you have one of the best Mexican salsas ever!
Avocado Salsa Verde
Okay so how much do I say I love salsa verde? And how much do I say I love avocados? If you know me personally or know me through Mexican Appetizers and More, then you already know how much I love both.
Salsa verde and avocados are all kinds of yum for me! Infuse these two foods together and you now have a mouth jarring salsa that is on a whole other level of deliciousness.
So here’s to the amazing super versatile AVOCADO SALSA VERDE!
Mexican Avocado Salsa
Yes, I have a thing with salsas and dips. A salsa/dip is just extra inviting when it’s multi-functional. And a Mexican avocado salsa hence avocado salsa verde is just that! You can have it with pretty much whatever you like!!
Who wants the same salsa with chips and dip, or with steak and chicken?
That being said, in my book you need to be able to have plenty of salsas in your inventory of salsas to combine with different dishes and appetizers.
I don’t know but that’s just me, I get really bored quickly with “same old, same old.” I need a little more excitement in my meals. And salsas are so affordable and super simple to make!
But the thing is a salsa cannot just be affordable and simple. It has to taste really good. In my case, really really good for me to make it again and again….
This avocado salsa verde definitely makes the cut for a delicious simplistic salsa.
For more delicious salsa recipes:
Avocado Salsa Verde
- 1 avocado
- 4 large tomatillos husks removed and rinsed
- 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper could just use half of the pepper if you would like less heat
- 1/2 onion
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 12 sprigs of cilantro rinsed
- salt to taste
- Remove the husks from tomatillos. Tomatillos will be sticky under husks, give them a rinse.
- On a baking tray roast tomatillos in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes.or you can cook them in boiling water...
In a pot of water over medium heat, cook for 10-12 min until tomatillos are soft.
- Add tomatillos to a blender or chopper. Add serrano (or jalapeño) onion, garlic and cilantro.Blend together until smooth.
Note: You can start with half of the pepper at first till you find the heat level you like.
- Add salt to taste and blend again.Taste sauce and see if you would like to add more serrano/jalapeño pepper or salt.
- Cut avocado in half, remove pit and scoop avocado pulp into blender. Pulse blend for a few seconds.Serve with chips, on top of steak, pork, chicken, beans and even eggs.
Could roast tomatillos in oven for 15 minutes or boil in water. (Picture is from another recipe Mini Serrano Chicken Kabobs)
Or cook boil tomatillos…
Cooked tomatillos…before adding to a blender or chopper, let some of the water drain off on a slotted spoon.
Don’t forget to let me know how much you enjoyed this Avocado Salsa Verde.