This Creamy Sour Cream Salsa Verde Sauce is super simple to make and hyper delicious! Serve on top of grilled steak, chicken, pork, tacos, tostadas, burritos, eggs, baked potatoes or with chips.
Creamy Sour Cream Salsa Verde Sauce
Sometimes combining two delicious foods is all you need to create a fabulous sauce. This is exactly what happens here with this amazing but yet super simple sauce. Sour cream meets salsa verde! This combination is just perfect! You end up with a delicious creamy sour cream salsa verde sauce.
So if you love sour cream and of course salsa verde, make sure to make this sauce for sure because you will not be disappointed. That I promise!
I refer to this creamy sour cream salsa verde sauce as my “Mexican horseradish sauce” because it kind of reminds me of a horseradish sauce. 😋
It’s really easy and simple to make too! There is just one step that takes you a few minutes to make but it’s really simple too. What is it? You probably have already guessed it! Yes, the homemade salsa verde! But the way I see it, you get two sauces made at once.
Due to the fact that you only need a few tablespoons of the salsa verde, you will then have plenty of the salsa verde left over! Here are some ideas what you can make with the salsa verde that’s leftover:
or simply serve with Chips!
So here with this recipe, you get a two for one, Salsa Verde and this delicious Creamy Sour Cream Salsa Verde!
Note: And if you’re not in the mood to make a homemade salsa verde, you can buy store bought salsa verde, but it will not yield the same results as far as taste.
Follow the steps to making my homemade salsa verde.
Tomatillos, serrano peppers, garlic, onion and cilantro
Then combine half a cup of sour cream with three tablespoons of the salsa verde. Stir.
Add salt and pepper to taste and done!
Serve on top of any of the foods I mentioned above and enjoy!
Creamy Sour Cream Salsa Verde
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tbsp salsa verde or to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Salsa Verde (will just use 3 tbsp of salsa verde for this sauce, use the rest for anything else you like! Check post for ideas.)
- 1 lb tomatillos (about 5)
- 1 medium onion
- 1-2 serrano peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- handful fresh cilantro
- salt to taste
- In a pan over medium heat add 1 tablespoon of oil with tomatillos, onion, and peppers. Roast until charred, turning over as one side is done roasting.Add garlic and roast for a minute or two.Note: You do not have to roast onion, garlic and peppers just tomatillos but I like to roast mine.
- After all have been roasted remove stem from pepper and place all ingredients with cilantro in a blender. Blend until desired consistency.*I like mine a little chunky.If you would like a saucier sauce just add a tablespoon of water (chicken broth) at a time until preferred consistency is reached.Add salt to taste.
- After making salsa verde combine 3 tablespoons with sour cream and stir.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on top of steak, pork, chicken, tacos, tostadas, empanadas, potatoes, french fries, eggs, chips and whatever your hearts content.