These Chicken Verde Tostadas are made with shredded chicken, smothered in salsa verde, chipotle refried beans, chopped fresh onions, more salsa verde on top of a crispy corn tortilla. Perfect and delicious for anytime!
Chicken Verde Tostadas
Any idea what’s for lunch or dinner? How about these Chicken Verde Tostadas?
Chicken Verde Tostadas are perfect anytime, any day. Whether you choose to make them as a snack, an appetizer or meal. You can batch these up in no time at all and have yourself a hyper tasty dish.
Just bring together a few key ingredients and be ready to munch away.
A crispy tostada, some chipotle flavored refried beans, smothered salsa verde chicken, finished off with chopped onions and more salsa verde=absolute yum!
Just like my Smoky Black Bean Avocado Tostadas. If you haven’t had these yet, give them a try and tell me what you think. They’re pretty amazing too.
There’s just something about tostadas and tacos that’s always so welcomed in my home. They’re quick, simple to make and hyper yum. And these chicken verde tostadas are no exception.
Just in case you’re in a rush or simply not in the mood to make everything fresh at home, you can buy a few of the ingredients already pre-made.
Although, I do promise you will benefit greatly by making everything fresh.
In forty minutes or less everything will be done for your batch of chicken verde tostadas.
Start with boiling some chicken breasts in a pot of water or use a pre-made rotisserie chicken.
Next make the salsa verde.
Note: You will have extra for more tostadas, tacos, burritos or maybe a little dipping sauce for steak or tortilla chips.
Or you can buy already made salsa verde which will not yield the same flavor but it is an option.
Next toast up the corn tortillas in a skillet with a drop of oil and end up with crispy tostadas now ready for all the delicious toppings.
Then take a can of pinto beans and cook in the same skillet to make the chipotle refried beans.
You can skip this step if you like as well and buy already made refried beans and just add a couple of drops of chipotle sauce, heat up in the microwave for a few minutes and done.
Smother the shredded chicken with the salsa verde. Chop an onion and layer the tostada.
Lunch, dinner is ready!
Chicken Verde Tostadas
- 10 corn tortillas
- 2 chicken breasts boiled and shredded
- 2 cans of pinto beans
- 4 tbsp chipotle sauce
- salsa verde
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp oil for toasting corn tortillas
- salt to taste
- Make the salsa verde.Note: Could also buy already made salsa verde.
- In a pot over medium heat, cook the chicken breasts for 15-20 minutes.Shred with two forks. In a skillet over medium heat, add shredded chicken, 1/2 cup of salsa verde and salt to taste. Stir together, lower heat and cook for 5 more minutes.Note: Could also use a premade rotisserie chicken and shred.
- Add both cans of pinto beans to a pot or skillet over medium to low heat. After beans have heated some, add chipotle sauce and mix together.With a potato masher, start to mash beans to form refried beans. Add salt to taste.Note: Could also buy already made refried beans and just add chipotle sauce to the beans.
Making Corn Tostadas
- On a griddle or skillet, over medium heat, add a tablespoon of oil and toast corn tortillas. Drain on paper towels. You will need to add more oil to pan as you toast and crisp tortillas.
- Spread about 2 tablespoons of refried beans each tostada, add shredded chicken verde.Top with more salsa verde, chopped onions and chopped cilantro.
Bonus-check out this post from Patrick at Mexican Please, called Food Bloggers’ Ultimate List of Cooking Tips and Kitchen Tricks where many different food bloggers share their tips and tricks!
I could eat these for every meal! The crunchiness and the flavour is so good!
This looks amazing! The idea of giving it a quick broil will add a great crispy-ness to this dish! YUM!
Thank you Jillian! Yes YUM!
Lisa Huff says
These tostadas would be perfect for Super Bowl parties this weekend!
Yes Lisa these would be just perfect! 🙂
Jeannette (Jay Joy) says
Chicken Verde Tostadas are perfect anytime, any day.–YES! However, ESPECIALLY during football season!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am about to head over to the salsa verde recipe.
Wonderful Jeannette! You will love how simple and delicious the salsa verde recipe is and these are just perfect for football season!
These tostadas looks so simple with fresh ingredient. I love tostadas because they always make me think of like a mini Mexican pizza
Hope you try them Carmella!