These Avocado and Chipotle Mushroom Tostadas are simply delicious and perfect anytime. Made with avocado, chipotle mushrooms and then topped with lettuce, tomatoes, scallions, queso fresco, Mexican crema, salsa verde and sprinkle of lime juice. Truly healthy and hyper delicious!
Last week I promised you mushroom tostadas made with my delicious Mexican Chipotle Mushrooms recipe I previously made.
Well here they are and they are absolutely meatless and fantastic! 😊 These Avocado and Chipotle Mushroom Tostadas are truly spectacular!
These are just perfect and delicious for all meat lovers and vegetarians alike.
So for my meat lovers out there, these are so tasty, I promise you will not even notice that they are totally meatless.
You have plenty of delicious ingredients going on here….
A quick guacamole is topped with mildly spicy Mexican chipotle mushrooms, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, scallions, queso fresco, Mexican crema, salsa verde and topped on top of a crispy tostada. Lastly, sprinkle fresh lime juice=YUM!
Oh! And no worries, if you cannot find Mexican crema in your local supermarket, you can simply use sour cream thinned with a tablespoon or two of water.
For a homemade version, you may want to take the extra step and make this delicious Mexican crema recipe.
These Avocado and Chipotle Mushroom Tostadas are excellent as a snack, served for lunch, or dinner oand even as an appetizer.
Normally I serve two mushroom tostadas per person but I will advice you, if you are thinking about serving these for an appetizer, just serve one per person because otherwise your guests will fill up quickly.
These are hearty and filling all on their own so unless you don’t mind having your dinner the following night or otherwise have really hungry guests, just serve one per person.
And did I mention how easy these are to make?
While you are cooking and sauteing the chipotle mushrooms (which by the way, only takes 10 minutes to make! 😊) make a quick guacamole spread and set out all the toppings.
Assemble the mushroom tostadas and you will be ready to enjoy this delicious treat.
How to Make Avocado and Chipotle Mushroom Tostadas
Begin with sauteing onions and and mushrooms.
While the Mexican Chipotle Mushrooms are cooking prepare a quick guacamole. For these Mexican mushroom tostadas, I simply doubled all the ingredients.
To prepare the quick guacamole simply mash the avocados and add salt, pepper and fresh lime juice.
You can also decide to add the basics of a guacamole…..tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, garlic, cilantro and fresh lime juice.
But for these tostadas, you certainly do not need all the extras in the guacamole.
Spread guacamole on the tostadas.
Add shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, scallions, chipotle mushrooms, queso fresco, Mexican crema and salsa verde.
I decided to use store bought salsa verde because I was really just ready for some tostadas and had some in the refrigerator but it definitely doesn’t compare to my homemade salsa verde.
Finally top each tostada with a lime wedge so everyone can sprinkle as much or as little fresh lime juice and serve immediately.
Note: For more delicious mushroom recipes, you may want to try these amazing Mexican recipes as well.
Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe (made with scallops!)
Mushroom Ceviche (for a delicious vegetarian version)
Avocado and Chipotle Mushroom Tostadas
Mexican Chipotle Mushrooms
- 20 ounces white or crimini mushrooms mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1.5-2 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce seeds removed and chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2-3 Hass avocados peeled and pitted
- salt to taste
- half a lime juiced
Tostadas and Toppings
- 6 tostadas
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes (optional) seeds removed and chopped
- 1 cup shredded lettuce (optional)
- 5 ounces queso fresco crumbled
- Mexican Crema or sour cream
- salsa verde
- 1 lime cut into wedges
Mexican Chipotle Mushrooms
- Sauté onions with one tablespoon of olive oil or butter over medium heat until translucent. About 2 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms and garlic. Stir.
- Add chipotle peppers and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well together and cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Mash avocados with a fork and add salt and lime juice. Mix well.
- Top tostadas with guacamole then lettuce and tomatoes (if you are using).
- Add mushrooms, scallions and queso fresco.Sprinkle Mexican crema with a spoon over tostadas and add salsa verde to your liking.Top each tostada with a lime wedge. Enjoy!