This Mexican Mushrooms recipe is excellent in quesadillas, tacos, tostadas, empanadas, scrambled eggs, on top of pasta or rice or as a side dish. Also makes an excellent vegetarian and vegan dish. Yummy Mexican Chipotle Mushrooms!
Mexican Chipotle Mushrooms Recipe
These Mexican Chipotle Mushrooms are excellent as a side dish, in tacos, quesadillas, tostadas and great in empanadas.
You can even top these on pasta, rice, chicken, steak, pork, turkey or honestly whatever else you can think of because these are just so good.
Oops! Almost forgot, these Mexican mushrooms are great with scrambled eggs too!
And the best part?! They are super easy to make! In 10 minutes, you will have the tastiest Mexican mushrooms to serve on whatever your heart’s content.
Keep a look out for my next recipe, Mexican Mushroom Tostadas. You will love these meatless tostadas!
You can fold these Mexican mushrooms in tacos with monterey or oaxaca cheese and then crisp tacos in a hot skillet for extra delicious crunch and gooey melted cheese. 😋
Okay back to these delicious mushrooms….
How to Prepare Mexican Chipotle Mushrooms
Start with sauteing white onions with a tablespoon of butter or one tablespoon of olive oil.
Sauté for a few minutes until onions are translucent.
Add sliced white or crimini mushrooms to the onions with finely minced garlic. Stir mushrooms and onions.
Then add one chopped chipotle pepper and salt and pepper to taste. Stir all together and cook for 4-5 minutes. Done!
Now you’re ready to enjoy these yummy mushrooms with whatever you like!
For more delicious mushroom recipes you may like these:
Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe (made with scallops!)
Mushroom Ceviche (for a delicious vegetarian version)
Sopa de Hongos (Mushroom Soup)
Garlic and Mushroom Queso Fundido Dip
Savory Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms
All of these are absolutely delicious!
For a spicier version of sauteed mushrooms made with chile arbol, try this mushroom recipe by Mexico in My Kitchen.
Mexican Chipotle Mushrooms
- 10 ounces white or crimini mushrooms cleaned and sliced
- half an onion thinly sliced
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce seeds removed and chopped
- 1-2 garlic clove finely minced
- 1 tbsp butter or olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- queso fresco crumbled optional
- chopped cilantro optional
- Sauté onions with one tablespoon of olive oil or butter over medium heat until translucent. About 2 minutes.
- Add sliced mushrooms and garlic. Stir.
- Add chipotle pepper and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well together and cook for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
Leave a Reply