This Mushroom Ceviche, will become one of your favorite side dishes, snacks or appetizer. Made with crimini mushrooms, roasted garlic, red peppers, green peppers, jalapeños, cilantro and fresh lime juice. Absolutely excellent!
So friends if you have followed me for a while now, then you know I make a lot of meat, chicken and seafood mexican appetizers but I also love to make vegetarian appetizers too! They are ohh so delish!
So today I want to share with you another vegetarian dish. Welcome to mushroom ceviche! 🙂
But listen here, this vegetarian ceviche is not just for my vegetarian followers.
So for my carnivore followers, don’t worry, you don’t have to be a vegetarian to love this recipe. You just have to make it!
So how did I decide on this vegetarian ceviche for my next feature mexican appetizer?
I decided to reach out to some of my vegetarian foodie friends and ask them what should be my next vegetarian mexican appetizer?
I pretty much got a unanimous decision on mushroom ceviche. And that’s how mushroom ceviche was born for Mexican Appetizers and More!
It’s just decilous! Serve mushroom ceviche on its own, with tortilla chips, on top of steak, grilled chicken etc.
So you see my carnivores this recipe works for you as well! 🙂
And another thing, if you don’t like mushrooms very much, I promise you, you will after having this dish! I’m still amazed at how much this Mushroom Ceviche tastes like seafood ceviche.
And it’s so pretty too! The colors in this ceviche recipe make it the perfect side dish especially to any holiday meal.
For more delicious mushroom recipes and some of my absolute favorites, check these recipes out as well.
- 10 Ounces crimini mushrooms cleaned, cut a quarter inch off of the stems, slice mushrooms thinly
- 1 small red onion cut in half and thinly sliced
- 2-3 garlic cloves roasted in skin
- 1/2 red pepper rinsed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 green pepper rinsed and thinly sliced
- 6 limes cut in half and juiced
- 1-2 jalapeños rinsed, seeded, deveined and chopped
- 1-2 tbsps fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- tortilla chips optional
- Roast garlic (in skin) in a skillet over medium heat for 15 minutes until somewhat soft (skin will turn brownish in color).
- Peel garlic and place in a bowl. Mash garlic with a fork.Note: Chop if garlic doesn't break up into smaller pieces.
Making Mushroom Ceviche
- After mushrooms, peppers and onions have been thinly sliced, add all to a bowl.
- Add chopped jalapeños, roasted garlic and cilantro.
- Add lime juice. Add olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir all together and refrigerate for at least 6 hours or preferably overnight to marinate well.
- Serve cold or at room temperature on its own or with tortilla chips.Enjoy!
When will you be making this delicious mushroom ceviche?