These Shrimp Ceviche Tostadas (Tostadas de Camarón or Tostada Ceviche de Camaron) are excellent anytime. Tender succulent shrimp ceviche on top of an avocado cream spread and a crispy tostada. Excellent refreshing and light recipe.
Then these Shrimp Ceviche Tostadas are for you…these are just excellent! Plain and simple!
The thing about shrimp ceviche is, it’s not just delicious and refreshing but super easy to make. It’s just a dish that’s perfect anytime.
The succulent tender pieces of shrimp marinated in citrus juices and tossed with red onions, tomatoes, jalapeños, garlic and cilantro is an irresistible combination.
And if you make this dish the night before and allow all the flavors to infuse, you really have a no fuss appetizer, lunch or meal to easily put together the next day.
How to Make Shrimp Ceviche Tostadas
Start with raw shrimp and let them soak in lime and lemon juice for an hour or two. The acidity from the limes and lemons “cooks” the shrimp. This process cooks the shrimp to perfection.
Then add the red onions, tomatoes, jalapeño, garlic and cilantro, stir all together and let it all marinate for another hour.
Prepare avocado guacamole cream.
Spread a couple of tablespoons of avocado cream on tostadas.
Top with a few tablespoons of the shrimp ceviche and garnish with extra cilantro and lime wedges, that’s it!
For more Shrimp and Seafood recipes, you may like these:
Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe (made with scallops)
For a full list, click seafood
Shrimp Ceviche Tostadas
- 1 pound medium or large raw shrimp peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1/2 red onion thinly sliced, half mooned
- 2 roma tomatoes seeds removed and chopped
- 1 jalapeño seeds removed and chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves finely diced
- 6 limes juiced
- 3 lemons juiced
- handful fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 8 tostada shells
Avocado Guacamole Cream
- 2 avocados peeled and seeded
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños seeds removed, chopped
- 1 roma tomato seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup Mexican Cream or sour cream
- salt to taste
- Chop shrimp into 2-3 pieces. Place in a bowl and pour juice of limes and lemons. Toss shrimp and refrigerate for 2 hours. Stir occasionally.The acid from the limes and lemons will "cook" the shrimp.
- After 2 hours add the onions, tomatoes, jalapeño, garlic, cilantro, salt and pepper.Stir all together and let sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour or longer.
Avocado Guacamole Cream
- Mash avocados in a bowl with a fork. Add all other ingredients and combine well.
- Spread each tostada shell with a layer of the avocado cream and top with a few tablespoons of the shrimp ceviche.Enjoy!
Let me know what you think about these amazing tostadas.