These Chipotle Lobster Tails are so succulent and delicious. Cooked in a savory chipotle garlic broth. Excellent Mexican Appetizer.
Colas de Langosta Con Chipotle
Chipotle Lobster Tails
Chipotle Lobster Tails, hmm, where do I begin with these, because to get to the point,…..this appetizer is just downright delectable, succulent, savory and oh my goodness, so much more!
This is just one of those mexican appetizers, I wish I could make at least once or twice a week. But with all the cooking that goes on around here in my kitchen and all the new recipes that I love to bring to you my foodie friends, oh well, it just wouldn’t be fair. But one can only dream! 🙂
And talk about downright quick, easy and super simple!
The simple ingredients for this recipe, come together and flaunt themselves for a mouthwatering experience.
These Chipotle lobster tails are just a delicious crime that I just don’t run away from committing. Ever! 🙂 And if you’re anything like me that absolutely finds any reason to make a sinfully ambrosial seafood appetizer, well you won’t quite mind either!
Out of all the ways that we can make lobster tails, …. whether it’s making them as an appetizer or a meal, this recipe is just one you will truly love. You will love everything about it!
What I’m really saying is, I have made lobster tails in many different ways and this is for sure one of my favorites! And, I have a compulsive feeling to believe, that it will be one of yours too.. 🙂
Here the simple ingredients of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, caramelized onions, chicken broth and fresh garlic come together to form a fantastic mojo. These simple ingredients come together to form what we call a phenomenal bliss! Cook the lobster tails in the mojo and when it’s done, drizzle this bliss all over them! Absolutely sinful!!!
So lets get started here and you will see for yourselves why this is one of my favorites.
For more seafood appetizers, check these recipes out:
Easy Asian Mexican Baked Mussels
Fried Avocado Stuffed with Shrimp
Photos and recipe below ↓
Chipotle Lobster Tails
- 1-2 3.5 oz each lobster tails can use whatever kind at your disposal
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce finely chopped, found in the international aisle in supermarket under Mexican Cuisine
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lime quartered
- Chop onion, garlic and chipotle pepper.
- Heat a cast iron or frying pan over medium heat with 2 tbsp of olive oil.Saute onion until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add chipotle pepper and garlic to pan. Saute until fragrant, about 1 minute or 2.
- Add chicken broth. Cook ingredients over medium heat for about 2 minutes bringing to a small boil.
- Add lobster tails and cook on each side for about 3-4 minutes or until cooked through.
- Pour broth over tails and serve immediately.Serve with a lime wedge. Enjoy!
Fresh Caribbean lobster tail. You can use whatever you like, Maine lobster, rock lobster tail, whatever you like. Rinse with cool water.
With a sharp knife cut from the underbelly in half.
Saute onions with 2 tbsps of olive oil until translucent, add chipotle pepper and garlic. Saute for 1 minute. Add chicken broth and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Add lobster tails.
After 3-5 minutes on one side, flip to cook on the other side for another 3 minutes.
Pour some of the broth over lobster tails and serve. YUMMM!
Don’t forget to leave me your comments or let me know when you will be making chipotle lobster tails.
Leave a Reply