An amazing ground venison chili made with venison and a blend of onions, peppers, jalapenos, garlic, black beans and kidney beans in a savory tomato sauce. Absolutely delicious and perfect anytime. The best of all comfort foods!
Who doesn’t love chili?! Chili is just one of those foods that most of us really enjoy but some of us just absolutely love! That would be me!
Chili is just a simple food that’s delicious but also very versatile.
It’s total comfort food!
It’s great as an appetizer, lunch, dinner and even perfect as a midnight snack. And it usually doesn’t even matter what kind of chili it is either! Serve a bowl of white chili, vegetarian chili, ground beef chili, stew chili, etc….It just doesn’t really matter because any kind of chili just yells “delicious comfort food!”
But ground venison chili is just a little bit better than your average ground beef chili. It makes for a bit tastier and richer chili.
Prepared exactly in the same way you would prepare ground beef chili.
Where Do You Buy Venison?
So if you don’t have hunter friends like me, you probably are wondering where would you be able to buy a pound of ground venison?
Luckily, nowadays, wild game meats are readily available in specialty supermarkets like Whole Foods and even sometimes found in the frozen meat section in your local Walmart.
Not only can you possibly find a local market that sells wild game but you also have the option of buying venison online.
This post by The Spruce shares ten online stores that deliver such wild game meats right to your doorstep.
But don’t sweat it if you just can’t find venison in your area or just don’t feel like investing in ordering wild game meat online because really this Amazing Ground Venison Chili should also be called Amazing Ground Beef Chili.
Yes, you can also use ground beef, chicken or you can just decide to make it completely and utterly vegetarian.
Why? Because what makes this chili so delicious is not solely the venison, it’s the simple delicious ingredients all put together.
So again please, don’t stop yourself from making this best tasting chili all because you don’t have venison because I promise you, you will be missing out on one of the most simple delicious homemade chili’s ever!
Amazing Ground Venison Chili
- 1 pound ground venison or beef
- 1 large green bell pepper chopped
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños depending on hot spicy you like your chili
- 4 garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup chicken/beef broth or pale beer
- 1 32 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14 ounce can red or dark kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- salt to taste
- scallions sliced
- 1 avocado cubed
- sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese or pepper jack cheese
- 1-2 roma tomatoes chopped
- white onion finely chopped
- cilantro chopped
- tortilla chips I made homemade chips
- In a large pot over medium heat add the ground venison or beef. Break apart with spoon and cook until no longer pink.Add chopped onions, pepper, jalapenos and garlic. Cook until onions are translucent and stir mixture while cooking.
- Deglaze pot with chicken/beef stock or beer.Add both cans of beans and crushed tomato sauce. Stir to combine.
- Add chili powder, cumin and salt to taste.Stir once again.
Lower heat and cook for 15-20 minutes.Serve bowls of chili with desired toppings and tortilla chips.Enjoy!
Note: You can make this most amazing chili vegetarian and just as delicious, by just simply excluding the venison.
If you make this most delicious Amazing Ground Venison Chili, let me know what you think in the comments.
Leave a Reply