These Home Fries with Peppers and Onions (Papas Para Desayuno) are deliciously crispy on the outside and perfectly creamy on the inside. Whether you make a batch of scrambled eggs, poached eggs, eggs over easy, pancakes or waffles, these home fries with peppers and onions will be just perfect. Crispy on the outside and creamy yummylicious on the inside.
I don’t know about you but I’m a huge fan of breakfast! Breakfast is and always has been a big deal for myself and my family. Waffles, pancakes, bacon, sausage and eggs made any which way. But what makes breakfast extra special for my family is definitely the home fries!! The perfect home fries with peppers and onions, makes any breakfast 10 times better!!
These home fries with peppers and onions are so good and easy to make. With just 6 ingredients you will have the most delicious and perfect home fries in 35 minutes or less. Then make a good batch of scrambled eggs, poached eggs, eggs over easy (my favorite, I just love the runny yolks with these home fries) and some bacon and sausage, ahh, yes, just the perfect breakfast. Smiles all over!
I like to use a couple of tablespoons of butter, one whole green bell pepper, half of a white onion, fresh garlic and one jalapeno pepper! The jalapeno adds a little bit of spiciness which I really like. But if you’re not into even a hint of spice, just exclude it! I really like it because it gives the home fries with peppers and onions that extra yum!
Now don’t forget the garlic! These home fries really would not be the most perfect home fries without it! So definitely don’t skimp out on the garlic.
For the spices, I just use some paprika, salt and pepper. That’s it!
Start by cooking the cubes potatoes with the spices for 15 minutes. Then add the onions, peppers, garlic and butter to the potatoes. Cook for another 15 minutes. I like my home fries a little crispy. If you like your potatoes crispy on the outside, and creamy yummylicious on the inside like I do, then after your home fries are done cooking, stir fry for a few minutes. Stir fry the potatoes on one side until slightly crispy and then flip them over and stir fry again.
That’s all there is to making the most perfect home fries with peppers and onions!
If you also like shredded potatoes you may want to try these shredded hash browns from The Prairie Homestead.
Perfect Home Fries with Peppers and Onions
- 11/2-2 lbs potatoes peeled and cubed into one inch pieces
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- ½ white onion chopped
- 1 jalapeño seeded, chopped adds a little spice (optional)
- 2-3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon butter
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a non stick skillet add the oil and heat over medium heat. Add potatoes, paprika, salt and pepper. Mix well. Cook potatoes for 15 minutes.Add peppers, onions, garlic and butter. Mix well. Cook for another 15 minutes or until fork tender.
- For crispy home fries, cook on slightly higher heat for a few minutes. Watch to make sure not to burn the potatoes. Flip potatoes over and repeat process. Perfect home fries are done!Enjoy!