This Poblano Cream Sauce is so tasty and all kinds of delicious. Excellent on pretty much anything! From steak, fish tacos, burritos, enchiladas, baked chicken, potatoes and even on top of eggs. Very easy to make with just six ingredients! All of which you may already have in your kitchen!
Poblano Cream Sauce
Today we are going to get right to it and talk about this hyper simple and tasty Poblano Cream Sauce. Call it whatever you like poblano pepper sauce, poblano pepper cream sauce, or roasted poblano pepper sauce but a poblano pepper sauce it is!
I’m one of those cooks that always has certain “must” foods in my home.
-some sort of seafood (of course because it’s my absolute favorite food in the world!!)
-avocados (just because it will always be in my home 😊 )
-cilantro (for all my dips, salsas, beans, tostadas, tacos, soups and whatever else!)
-corn tortillas (for all my tacos and tostadas)
-garlic (because I just use it in everything! Even eggs!)
-and jalapeno peppers, serrano peppers and poblano peppers! (because a Mexican sauce is not a MEXICAN SAUCE without one of these and sometimes all of these!)
What’s great about a poblano cream sauce is that it’s so practical, super easy of a sauce to make. With just a few ingredients you have yourself a sauce that can be used in several dishes and appetizers. It’s mild, tasty and creamy which offers a lot of versatility.
This poblano cream sauce is especially great on fish tacos, burritos and enchiladas. But also highly acceptable on steak, baked chicken and even eggs!
As a matter of fact I even used this poblano cream sauce in my Rellenos de Papa (Stuffed Potato Balls).
Psssst!! If you like stuffed potato balls of any kind, definitely check out that recipe, it’s absolutely one of my favorites!
So what do you need to make this poblano cream sauce?
- roasted poblano pepper (very easy to do)
- sour cream
- lime juice
- salt and pepper
*and a smile on your face! 😊 and then put all in a blender and done!
Well lets get to this tasty, all around perfect for everything poblano cream sauce!
Poblano Cream Sauce
- 1 poblano pepper roasted, skin, seeds and stem removed
- 1/2 cup full fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Rinse poblano pepper and using a pair of tongs, roast pepper over open flame on stove on all sides until skin is completely charred.Note: You can also roast pepper in a pan with a drop of oil over medium heat, rotating pepper as skin chars. Or place in the oven and broil for about 15 minutes, turning pepper over half way through roasting.
- Once pepper is charred, place in a plastic container or in between paper towels and allow pepper to "sweat" for 10 minutes.
- Under running water remove outside skin. Open pepper with fingers (or use knife to slice open on a cutting board) and remove seeds and stem.Pepper is now ready for sauce.
- Add pepper, garlic, mayonaisse, sour cream, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper to a blender, chopper or food processor.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
What will you be topping poblano cream sauce on?
Leave a Reply