This Ensalada de Atún (Tuna Salad) is so refreshing, delicious and ready in under 15 minutes! Perfect for an appetizer with chips, lunch and even dinner!
I love this tuna salad! Just love it! It’s super easy to put together and absolutely delicious!
No mayo here! So not needed either!
Combine a few ingredients in a bowl and done!
Having a few cans of tuna in the pantry always comes in handy! When hunger strikes and I just want a quick meal, I’m ready to go!
Plus through these times that we are all currently living, making affordable meals at home is surely a plus! This tuna salad definitely fits the bill!
I never get tired of this recipe!
This Ensalada de Atún is Excellent On:
- tostadas (crispy corn tortillas)
- tortilla chips
- saltine crackers
- on top of a salad
- lettuce wraps
- stuffed in avocados
- add a little mayo and stuff this tuna salad in a burrito wrap.
- replace meat with this salad and serve alongside yellow rice with corn and avocado slice. Absolutely delicious!
- 2 cans solid white tuna in water, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- ½ head of lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 limes, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
You can also add a chopped jalapeño if you would like a little zip to your salad!
How to Make Ensalada de Atún
- Drain liquid from tuna cans.
- Chop all the veggies.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the tuna, veggies, cilantro and lime juice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix until well combined.
- Add half a can of peas or corn to the mix.
- Mix in shredded carrots.
- Add chopped cucumbers or chopped celery.
- Mash avocado and stir in.
- Mix shredded cabbage.
- Add 4 tablespoons of ketchup.
- Throw in some jalapeños en vinagre (pickled jalapeños)
If you are not going to eat tuna salad immediately, do not leave sitting on counter top, instead store it in a plastic container and put away in the refrigerator.
Store tuna salad for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
For more delicious tuna recipes, you will also enjoy:
Ahi Tuna Tartare (Tartare de Atún y Chile Guajillo)
Tuna Pasta Salad by Tastes Better from Scratch
Ensalada de Atún
- 2 white tuna in water drained
- 1 small onion chopped
- ½ green/red/yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 roma tomato chopped
- handful fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 2 scallions chopped
- ½ head of lettuce coarsely chopped
- 1 avocado cubed
- 2 limes juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop all the veggies and cilantro.
- Drain liquid from tuna cans and add to a mixing bowl.Shred tuna with a fork.
- Add veggies, cilantro and add the lime juice.Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir salad until well combined. Enjoy!