This Ensalada de Atún (Tuna Salad) is so refreshing, delicious and ready in under 15 minutes! Perfect for an appetizer with chips, lunch and even dinner!
I love this tuna salad! Just love it! Just like our Aguachile de Camarones recipe, it’s super easy to put together and absolutely delicious!
No mayo here! So not needed either!
Combine a few ingredients in a bowl and done!
Having a few cans of tuna in the pantry always comes in handy! When hunger strikes and I just want a quick meal, I’m ready to go!
Plus through these times that we are all currently living, making affordable meals at home is surely a plus! This tuna salad definitely fits the bill!
I never get tired of this recipe!
This Ensalada de Atún is Excellent On:
- tostadas (crispy corn tortillas)
- tortilla chips
- saltine crackers
- on top of a salad
- lettuce wraps
- stuffed in avocados
- add a little mayo and stuff this tuna salad in a burrito wrap.
- replace meat with this salad and serve alongside yellow rice with corn and avocado slice. Absolutely delicious!
- 2 cans solid white tuna in water, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- handful fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- ½ head of lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 2 limes, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
You can also add a chopped jalapeño if you would like a little zip to your salad!
How to Make Ensalada de Atún
- Drain liquid from tuna cans.
- Chop all the veggies.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the tuna, veggies, cilantro and lime juice.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix until well combined.
- Add half a can of peas or corn to the mix.
- Mix in shredded carrots.
- Add chopped cucumbers or chopped celery.
- Mash avocado and stir in.
- Mix shredded cabbage.
- Add 4 tablespoons of ketchup.
- Throw in some jalapeños en vinagre (pickled jalapeños)
If you are not going to eat tuna salad immediately, do not leave sitting on counter top, instead store it in a plastic container and put away in the refrigerator.
Store tuna salad for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
For more delicious tuna recipes, you will also enjoy:
Ahi Tuna Tartare (Tartare de Atún y Chile Guajillo)
Tuna Pasta Salad by Tastes Better from Scratch
Ensalada de Atún
- 2 white tuna in water drained
- 1 small onion chopped
- ½ green/red/yellow bell pepper chopped
- 1 roma tomato chopped
- handful fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 2 scallions chopped
- ½ head of lettuce coarsely chopped
- 1 avocado cubed
- 2 limes juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop all the veggies and cilantro.
- Drain liquid from tuna cans and add to a mixing bowl.Shred tuna with a fork.
- Add veggies, cilantro and add the lime juice.Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir salad until well combined. Enjoy!