This Irresistible Mexican Hot Bean Dip is great anytime or for a small gathering or party snack. Deliciously blended with refried beans, monterey cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, jalapeños, scallions, smoky spices and served with tortilla chips. Delicious!
Here’s one recipe that I’m usually expected to have ready for my crowd when I’m having a gathering.
Certain foods just go hand in hand like wings for the Super Bowl. 😊
This is a great and casual time cruncher appetizer that’s just perfect for a crowd.
Great for holidays, barbecues, Fourth of July, tailgate parties and of course the Super Bowl!
Nevertheless, watch out cause this dip will go fast! Everyone loves this dip.
Maybe consider having a second baking dish waiting to be put in the oven! Take my word for it, this is a crowd pleaser!
But don’t worry, you don’t have to wait to have a gathering to enjoy this delicious dip.
So how do we make it?
Mix sour cream, cream cheese and chili powder.
Make fresh chips if you like instead of store bought, so easy to make….quarter corn tortillas and fry until golden brown.
Mix refried beans, cheddar cheese, scallions and jalapeños into mix.
Put mixture into casserole and top with monterey cheese.
Bake and walla!
Serve on individual plates with tortilla chips.
Irresistible Mexican Hot Bean Dip
- 2 (16 oz) cans refried beans
- 8 oz sour cream
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese shredded
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 cup scallions chopped, reserve some aside for garnish
- 3 jalapenos chopped, may remove ribs and seeds for less heat
- tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 degrees C).
- Mix cream cheese, sour cream and chili powder together in bowl.
- Combine refried beans, scallions, jalapenos, and cheddar cheese.
- Transfer mixture to 8 x 12 inch baking dish.
- Top with monterey jack cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
- When done garnish with fresh scallions (or chopped fresh cilantro) and serve warm with tortilla chips.
Leave a Reply