This Chorizo Jalapeño Bean Dip is creamy and all sorts of yummy! Made with chorizo or kielbasa sausage, refried beans, pickled jalapeño peppers, monterey jack cheese and served with tortilla chips. Perfect dip for a small gathering.
Chorizo Jalapeño Bean Dip
I think we all know by now how much I love dips! And this dip here is absolutely no exception! It’s just fabulous!! This Chorizo Jalapeño Bean Dip, is just awesome! I will forever make this dip! Yes, over and over and over again!!
Cooking this Chorizo Jalapeño Bean Dip in a small cast iron is certainly the way to go too. I don’t know exactly what it is I love about making my dips in my cast iron pan but in my mind they just taste better. I think it’s just the rustic feel of it, the weight of the pan, the cozy warm feeling I get when I eat my dips straight out of the pan. All of it is just perfect!
For this dip I said to add two tablespoons of pickled jalapeños but honestly I ended up adding 4 tablespoons. Once the jalapenos are added to the bean mixture, it just gives it that extra spice and a little chunkiness to the dip that works really well. I suggested 2 tablespoons for my foodie friends that don’t want that extra zip in their dip but honestly 4 tablespoons is the way!
I also said to use one can of pinto beans but you should really consider doing at least two cans because this dip goes fast.
And use whatever meat you like. I made this recipe dip twice in the same day. One using chorizo and one using smoked kielbasa sausage. So if you cannot find chorizo sausage, you will certainly not be disappointed with using some smoked kielbasa! Both are so yummy!!
There are a couple of other bean dips I have here on Mexican Appetizers and More that you should really consider checking out as well. Each one has something unique and absolutely delicious about them.
So after you make this delicious dip and fall just as in love with it as I am, give these others a try…..
The Best Roasted Poblano Bean Dip
Mexican Chorizo Queso Fundido with Homemade Chips
Let me know what you think!
Enjoy some Chorizo Jalapeño Bean Dip tonight!
Tip: Growing Jalapeños at Home
Chorizo Jalapeño Bean Dip
- 8 Ounces chorizo or smoked kielbasa sausage
- 1 can pinto beans do not drain liquid
- 4 Ounces monterey jack cheese thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons pickled jalapeños chopped or whole
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- tortilla chips
- Mince chorizo or chop kielbasa sausage into small pieces. In a small 8 inch cast iron or skillet, cook meat for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add pinto beans to a blender and blend until smooth. Add beans to cast iron as well as the pickled jalapeños. Stir together. Add butter, salt and pepper. Stir again and top with sliced monterey cheese.
- Broil in an oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Serve hot with tortilla chips.
Don’t forget to let me know what you loved about this dip!
Leave a Reply