This Black Bean Corn Dip is just amazing! Hyper tasty and delicious. Made with black beans, corn, red peppers, onions, jalapeños, scallions, garlic, smoky spices, monterey jack cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream and served with tortilla chips. Excellent dip and perfect for a gathering.
Black Bean Corn Dip
So let’s dive right into this undeniably, delicious Mexican appetizer, Black Bean Corn Dip!
This dip is super simple to make. Just add 2 cups of frozen corn, black beans, chedder cheese, monterey jack cheese, red bell pepper, white onion, garlic, scallions, jalapenos, mayonnaise, sour cream, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper. And of course, don’t forget the tortilla chips.
Combine these ingredients together and you have yourself a fabulous dip.
Every single time I make this dip, everyone loves it. Whether I’m having friends over for a grill out or just my family. So I can guarantee you, you and yours will love it just the same!
I actually made this Black Bean Corn Dip two days ago for my next Mexican Appetizers and More dip. And here’s the thing, when it comes to making Mexican appetizers for my family and my blog, I always make two of everything so they can enjoy it while it’s hot and the second one is for my food photography. Then once I’m done with my photos I will reheat and offer the second dish to my family. Well goodness, I couldn’t take my pictures fast enough before they were done with the first one and asking if I was done with my pictures! 🙂
I guess that gives you an idea how delicious this dip really is! So here’s to this Black Bean Corn Dip! Enjoy!
For more delicious bean and dip recipes, you will also like these:
Arroz Mamposteao (“Dirty Rice” and Beans)
Black Bean Caramelized Onion Bacon Dip
Smoky Black Bean Chicken Quesadillas
Black Bean Corn Dip
- 2 cups frozen or canned corn
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese divided
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion chopped2
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 scallions green onions (coarsely chopped)
- 1 jalapeño finely chopped remove seeds for less heat if desired
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- bag of tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (170 C). Add butter to a skillet on medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper and cook until onion is translucent. About 5 minutes.
- Add corn, black beans (rinsed and drained in a colander) and mix well with onion and bell pepper. Cook for a few minutes. Add the jalapeño and cayenne pepper. Mix well. Add garlic, salt and pepper, mix and cook for another 2 minutes. Set aside.
- In a bowl combine sour cream, mayonnaise, half of the cheddar cheese and monterey cheese. Mix. Add sauteed vegetables to mixture. Place all in a casserole, skillet or pie dish. Top with remaining cheddar cheese. Place in oven and cook for 12 -15 minutes or until just lightly brown.
- Once done, top with scallions and serve with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
When will you be making this dip?
Lauren Gray says
This look delicious, and I love the sound of these ingredients together. I’ve printed it – for the recipe binder!
Thank you so much Lauren for taking the time to look at my blog and printing this recipe for your binder. I’m sure you will love this dip! It is absolutely delicious! Again thank you!