This Delicioso Mexican Bean Dip is always a hit in my home! Made with refried beans, salsa verde, cream cheese, onions, tomatoes, garlic, monterey jack cheese, smoky spices, cilantro, topped with queso fresco and served with tortilla chips. Excellent dip!
This Delicioso Mexican Bean Dip is ALWAYS a hit at my family gatherings. Why? Because it’s so delicioso and it’s such an easy dip to make.
Sometimes you have to put thought into what appetizer you’ll be making…this is not one of those times! You can put it together in a glance! In 20 minutes, you will have a spectacular dish to present.
Bean dip recipes are the best!
Ok here’s something else you should know, well, about me. I LOVE to use my cast iron cookware, especially my cast iron skillet! I remember when I first bought my first piece being hesitant at first because I wasn’t sure if I really would like it or how NON STICK it really would be. I had heard the rave about how great they were but I just wasn’t sold completely yet. Now? Now I feel like a “cast iron cookware advocate!”
I use my cast iron skillet for eggs, stir fries, fry chicken and of course my Mexican dips.
I do all my Mexican dips in this thing! Take a look at my mexican chorizo queso fundido dip….doesn’t it look so appetizing in my skillet? So inviting? I want to dig a tortilla chip in there immediately! And isn’t that the whole point anyways? Aren’t we suppose to eat with our eyes first? That’s part of the enjoyment about eating! The seduction!
Anyways let’s get to talking a little about this Delicioso Mexican Bean Dip.
It has no meat of any kind…just really simple ingredients that surely you either have in your refrigerator or in your pantry. Ok well maybe not the “salsa verde” but you can check out my homemade salsa verde. Which is really, really simple to make or you can buy some store bought already made salsa verde in your local supermarket. Usually you will find it in the international aisle, Mexican section. Other than the green sauce, all the other ingredients you probably already have.
So let’s get to my Delicioso Mexican Bean Dip and once again please don’t forget to leave me your comments!
Thanks for the love my friends!
And here’s to another great Mexican Appetizer!
Mexican Appetizers! YAY!
Note: If you do decide to make my homemade salsa verde, you will have about a cup extra left over…excellent! You can use in a variety of dishes such as a dip for tortilla chips or on pork, steak, chicken, eggs, etc..
For another delicious bean dip, you may also like this one from The Girl Who Ate Everything.
Delicioso Mexican Bean Dip
- 15 Ounces refried beans
- ½ cup salsa verde homemade (link below) or store bought
- 8 Ounces cream cheese
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 8 Ounces monterey jack cheese/pepper jack freshly grated
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-2 tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro coarsely chopped
- salt to taste
- tortilla chips
- ½ cup queso fresco (optional)
- If using homemade salsa verde follow link.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177 Celsius). In an oven proof skillet cook onions over medium heat until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for another minute. Add refried beans, salsa verde, cayenne pepper, cream cheese and salt to taste. Mix well together.
- Add monterey cheese on top. Put in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Top with tomatoes, queso fresco and cilantro. Serve hot with tortilla chips. Enjoy!