I featured this Easy Huevos Rancheros Recipe (Rancher’s Eggs) recipe over a year ago and decided to repost it again in hopes that you will be inspired to make this spectacular breakfast this weekend. This breakfast is so yummy and colorful! And who says you only can have it for breakfast?!
Easy Huevos Rancheros Recipe
Huevos Rancheros or Rancher’s Eggs, “que decir de estos Huevos Rancheros?” What to say about these Huevos Rancheros? ¡Mucho! A lot!! First, they are spectacular and if you have never had Huevos Rancheros, BOY OH BOY are you missing out! They are so delicious and are such a different twist on breakfast. This Easy Huevos Rancheros Recipe is truly a breakfast for champions!
Believe me, I love my waffles and eggs, my pancakes and bacon, eggs benedict with ham, poached eggs on toast are fabulous, but a Mexican breakfast such as this one, is truly a special treat!
Out of all of the mexican breakfast recipes out there, like huevos rancheros with chorizo, huevos rancheros casserole, chorizo con huevos, omelet recipes, and chilaquiles, this is certainly one of my ultimate favorites.
However, I’m always really busy during the week so it’s a little hard to make a special breakfast for my family during the week. But I always try to make time on the weekends to make them a fully enjoyable breakfast.
I literally go all out with my breakfast. I make waffles, pancakes, poached eggs or fried, home fries (my favorite), bacon and sausage, biscuits and gravy, etc.
But every so often I throw in there my easy huevos rancheros recipe and surprise them with this awesome egg concoction.
Huevos Rancheros (Rancher’s Eggs) are very simple to make and the combination of corn tortillas, eggs, spicy sauce….is oh my goodness!
Huevos Rancheros are served very common place in Mexico, it’s considered an authentic mexican food with sides of refried beans, rice, avocado, guacamole, potatoes and other delicious treats! But this delicious mexican breakfast has also become so popular here in the States because word of any delicious food travels fast!
So what makes these eggs so good? Well my personal opinion is anything spicy adds a level of deliciousness period! Especially when you can still retain the original flavor of the main ingredient but yet enhance it’s taste….in this case the EGGS with the ranchero sauce!
Huevos Rancheros Salsa-Ranchero Sauce
Ranchero sauce is made up of very simple ingredients of which you can add additional condiments too, to add variety to your sauce. But traditionally, ranchero sauce for eggs is just tomatoes, garlic and serrano peppers.
Note: If by chance you do not like anything spicy just exclude the serrano peppers from the ranchero sauce.
Stay tuned for my version of Huevos Rancheros Vegetarian.
Easy Huevos Rancheros Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 4 corn tortillas
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove peeled and finely chopped
- 1 lime
- queso fresco crumbled
- avocado cubes
- 4 tomatoes roasted
- 1-2 serrano peppers stems removed, roasted
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove peeled
- 3 tbsp fresh cilantro
Roast Tomatoes and Serrano Peppers
- Rinse tomatoes and serrano peppers. On a tray or aluminum foil, roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes until somewhat charred on top. Turning over half way through cooking.
Saute Onions and Garlic
- While they are roasting, add the oil to a skillet and saute the chopped onion over medium heat until translucent.
- Add chopped garlic and cook for another minute.Turn off heat on stove.
- Remove tomatoes and serrano peppers from the oven. Remove stems from serrano peppers and seeds if you want less heat.
- Blend together in a food chopper or blender with garlic and cilantro until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over onions and garlic in skillet. Cook over medium to lower heat for a few minutes until sauce thickens a little. Bring heat to a simmer.
Tortillas and Eggs
- In a skillet over medium heat, sprinkle oil and heat corn tortillas on both sides. Add eggs on top of tortillas and cook eggs to your liking. Add sauce on top of eggs. Sprinkle a little bit of fresh lime juice (optional). Serve immediately. Enjoy!Note: Serve with sausages, avocado and queso fresco if desired.
Will be making this easy huevos rancheros recipe this weekend?
Leave a Reply