This Simple Poached Egg and Avocado Toast recipe is the most perfect delicious healthy breakfast. Breakfast of champions! With an avocado spread made with cayenne pepper, chives and topped with a perfectly poached egg.
Simple Poached Egg and Avocado Toast
A breakfast of champions doesn’t have to consist of eggs, hash browns, bacon and french toast everyday. It just has to be tasty and filling. But this breakfast is more than that. This breakfast is also exactly as the title states, simple! But now it’s not just simple to make but also fits the rest of the criteria. It’s absolutely yummy and definitely filling! One other thing, it’s perfect anytime! So whether you make this Simple Poached Egg and Avocado Toast for breakfast, snack, lunch or even for dinner, I promise you will not be disappointed.
Keep in mind sometimes the simplest meals are created within fifteen minutes or less. Who says you have to spend one, two or three hours in a kitchen for a fabulous meal?! No serie, not this one! ????
And I don’t know about you but if you’re anything like me, breakfast is a must in my household. I just simply cannot get going without breakfast. An eggs and avocado breakfast with coffee made under 15 minutes is just perfect for me. This simple poached egg and avocado toast is it! Hands down! ????
For the avocado spread I added a hint of cayenne pepper and chives. Let me tell you this combination is just perfeccct! So if you have chives growing in your garden like I do, this is a perfect way to use them! The chives just adds such flavor to the avocado spread that works so well with a poached drippy egg. So DO NOT forget the chives!
And if you don’t like spicy avocado that’s okay, just exclude the cayenne pepper, you will not offend me. The chives however is another story! ????
So yes one last rant about the chives, if you are not growing chives in your garden, make sure to buy some. Try it, you will not regret it!
Note: To learn more about avocados and how to choose, pick or ripen avocados click here → How to choose and use and avocado.
- 1 avocado cut in half, pit removed and pulp scooped out with spoon
- 2 poached eggs using your favorite method
- 2 slices of toast
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of chives chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl mash avocado with a fork and add chives, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste.
- Set aside.
- Toast bread to your liking.
- Divide avocado spread on slices.
- Poach eggs to your liking using your favorite method.
- I normally use a small 6 inch pan and add about 1/2 cup of water and bring it to a boil. Then gently drop eggs and using a spatula I spread water on top of both eggs until yolk has white film on top and then continue with a little more water on top with spatula for another 20 seconds or so.
Place poached eggs on top of avocado toast and sprinkle more chopped chives, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
I have a feeling you will love this Simple Poached Egg and Avocado Toast as much as I do! ????