Who doesn’t love Mexican Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers? Quick to make, delicious and perfect for anytime. Made with jalapenos, bacon, cream cheese and scallions.
Mexican Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers
Mexican Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers!!! I just love these!
Maybe you’re thinking, “what’s the big deal?” It’s just stuffed jalapenos!
Folks, the finer things in life, sometimes do come in simpler forms! That’s a Mexican Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Popper! No complications here…just simple ingredients with bold delicious flavor.
Who doesn’t like that?!
Start with rinsing and slicing jalapenos down the middle. Remove seeds and membrane if you’re not feeling the heat today…
Mix sour cream and chopped scallions.
Stuff the jalapenos….but DON’T OVER STUFF or all the goodness flows out when baking!!
Wrap them with yummy bacon….almost there!
Bake for 20 minutes and done!
Who doesn't love Mexican Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Poppers? Quick to make, delicious and perfect for anytime. Made with jalapenos, bacon, cream cheese and scallions.
- 12 green jalapenos cut each jalapeno lengthwise
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 scallions green onion (chopped)
- 12 thin sliced bacon slice each slice into 2 inch pieces
- 6-8 cooked shrimp completely optional: chopped
- 24 toothpicks pre-soaked for 25 minutes so they will not char in oven
Pre-soak toothpicks in warm water for about 15 minutes so they will not char in oven.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (190 degree Celsius).
Slice each jalapeno in half lengthwise and scoop seeds and white membrane out with a spoon.
(Doing so will make peppers a whole lot less hotter)
In a bowl, mix the cream cheese and chopped scallions (and chopped cooked shrimps if you decide to use them).
Stuff each jalapeno.
A little goes a long way. Do not over stuff, cream cheese will overflow.
- Wrap bacon over and around each pepper and secure bacon with a toothpick through pepper.
Place a sheet of parchment paper (baking paper) on tray and place jalapenos on tray upright.
- Cook for about 20-25 minutes until peppers are soft and the bacon is crispy.
- Plate these babies up. Giving 4 to 6 pieces to each person depending on how many you are serving.