This Sopa de Camarones (Mexican Shrimp Soup Recipe) is delicious comforting soup and perfect as an appetizer or meal!
Mexican Shrimp Soup Recipe
Sopa de Camarones
“Vamos hablar,” let’s talk about this Sopa de Camarones. Well first of all it’s very delicious and quite easy to make. Secondly, here I go again with another seafood recipe! 🙂 Well you know how much I love seafood! 🙂
I don’t know, but yesterday I was in the mood for a comfort soup and this one just seemed perfect. Perfect for two reasons. Perfect, because of course its delicious and also because I had all the ingredients at hand and I didn’t have to go out to the store to buy anything I needed for this comforting soup, my delicious sopa de camarones.
I’m one of those food bloggers that totally engulfs myself everyday thinking about my next recipe, my next Mexican appetizer. I always want to bring my readers and fellow food bloggers the appetizers and dishes that of course I truly enjoy and love to eat but also sometimes an unexpected appetizer. I enjoy very much making Mexican recipes that are common but also enjoy making the ones you usually don’t find all the time on the appetizer side of a menu.
However, when I’m thinking about making a mexican soup as an appetizer I strive for the obvious of course, flavor and lots of it! But I also want to bring you a soup that is simple to make and doesn’t need that many added ingredients. In other words, hopefully ingredients that you already have in your pantry and/or freezer.
This soup offers just that! With just a few spices, a can of beans, chicken broth and of course the magical shrimp and wallaa you’re in business! Sopa de Camarones or Shrimp Soup in the house!
So if you’re looking for a Mexican soup, look no further! Try this delicious homemade Sopa de Camarones for your next comfort food night with maybe some crusty bread and enjoy! Anytime, any day of the week. It is especially nice, on a cold winters day! But of course it doesn’t ever have to be a cold winters day to have Sopa de Camarones.
Let me know what you think about my Sopa de Camarones and leave your comments below or share your own delicious shrimp soup with me!
You may also like this delicious Shrimp and Rice Soup (Asopao de Camarones) by Smart Little Cookie.
- 1 lb raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 can pinto beans
- 4-5 roma tomatoes coarsely chopped
- 1 medium white onion chopped
- 1 serrano chile finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp stick unsalted butter
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp mexican oregano
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado pitted and cubed
- 1 lime
- In a pot over medium heat add the 2 tbsp of oil, onion and serrano chile. Cook for about 5 minutes until onions are translucent and pepper is soft. Add garlic, cumin and oregano. Mix together and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the beans with the liquid they come in, chopped tomatoes and the chicken broth. Cook uncovered for about 20 to 25 minutes. Finally add the shrimp and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add butter. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in bowls with some cilantro leaves in each one and if you like some avocado cubes and a slice of lime. Enjoy! (Squeeze fresh lime juice over soup)
Don’t forget to leave me your comments or let me know what’s your favorite shrimp soup!