This recipe is light, refreshing and hyper tasty. Stuffed Avocado Cauliflower Ceviche is great for the Vegetarian, Vegan or meat lover alike. Made with just a few veggies and marinated in fresh lime juice. Ready in 30 minutes or less! (gluten free, low carb, paleo)
If you love avocados and love ceviche, then this Stuffed Avocado Cauliflower Ceviche is for you!
Delicious and hyper simple!
Popular Ceviche Recipes
Ceviche is usually made with some sort of seafood marinated in fresh lime juice. Some of the more popular ceviches dishes across the internet are made with tilapia, shrimp and scallops.
Here on Mexican Appetizers and More we have a few recipes too!
and quite a few more so feel free to check them out here→ceviches.
But it also seems that more and more vegetarian ceviches are now on the rise as well.
A few include mushroom ceviche, summer vegetable ceviche, hearts of palm ceviche and of course cauliflower ceviche, just to name a few.
So whether you are a Vegetarian/Vegan or not, vegetarian ceviches are just fabulous and delicious.
This stuffed avocado cauliflower ceviche is certainly enjoyed by Vegetarian and meat lovers alike.
Ingredients for Stuffed Avocado Cauliflower Ceviche
- head of cauliflower
- red onions
- white mushrooms
- fresh cilantro
How to Make Stuffed Avocado Cauliflower Ceviche
Begin with chopping up the veggies and cilantro. So begin with the red onion, mushrooms, tomatoes, scallions, jalapeño and finally the cilantro.
Then chop the cauliflower into florets.
Boil the cauliflower for a few minutes in boiling water.
Chop the florets into smaller pieces or finely chop. This part is a matter of personal preference.
Mix all the vegetables, fresh lime juice and fresh cilantro together with a little bit of salt and pepper.
Let the Cauliflower ceviche marinate for 25 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
Cut the avocados in half and top with cauliflower ceviche and if you like to make this dish even more delicious and refreshing, top with salsa verde.
You can also scoop some of the avocado flesh from the center to create a bigger cavity to hold the cauliflower ceviche.
This ceviche dish is that simple!
Note: If you find yourself with extra cauliflower ceviche, you can always use the leftovers in a serving of cauliflower ceviche tostadas or serve with tortilla chips as a dip.
For even more vegetarian ceviches, you may also like these:
Stuffed Avocado Cauliflower Ceviche
- 1 head of cauliflower rinsed and cut into florets
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 5 ounces white mushrooms cleaned and chopped
- 3 tomatoes seeds removed and chopped
- 1 jalapeño finely chopped
- 2 scallions chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 limes squeezed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 avocados cut in half, pit removed and skin
Salsa Verde (for topping, optional)
- salsa verde or store bought
- In a pot over high heat, boil water. Add cauliflower florets and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain florets in a colander. Add florets to a bowl of iced water to stop the cooking process. Drain again.
- Chop florets into smaller pieces and all the vegetables.
- Add all to a bowl and mix well. Add lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Mix all together well. Marinate for 25 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Cut avocados in half, remove pits and skin.
- Top avocado halves with cauliflower ceviche and salsa verde (if using). Enjoy!