These Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce Topping are simple to make and absolutely delicious. Topped with the most perfect cilantro lime sauce. Excellent!
Tacos de Camarones con Crema de Cilantro y Limón
Okay, well anyone who knows me, even a little, knows my favorite food in the world is seafood!
The movie “Castaway” does not have anything on me!
I will say though the thought of having freshly caught shrimp cooking over an open fire on the beach (“look at what I have created, I HAVE MADE FIRE, I HAVE MADE FIRE!!”) sounds extremely inviting if maybe for a year or two!
The idea of eating shrimp, lobster or crabs a little more often than normal, sounds almost celestial to me.
Having only seafood for four years may genuinely, adversely change that thought but are we really living in a “Robert Zemeckis” film?!
No, so let’s move on with my dear protagonist, “Mr. Shrimp.” I shall call him, Mr. Ralphy!
Conversation between Mr. Shrimp (Mr. Ralphy) and Miss Cathy
Miss Cathy: “Mr Ralphy, today I want and shall submerge myself in your gallant flavor!”
Mr. Ralphy: “Why oh why, Miss Cathy?”
Miss Cathy: “Cause Mr. Ralphy, you are divine and bring my taste buds to utter palatableness!”
Mr. Ralphy: “Okay, okay, let’s move on, Miss Cathy, but please do not forget to rejuvenate my exoskeleton bearing aquatic friends! ”
Miss Cathy: “I will be here for you always my dear crustacean!”
OK that was super silly but I just wanted to have a little fun with you! 😆
I remember the scene from Castaway where Tom Hanks says, “That’s when this feeling came over me like a warm blanket,” I too can resonate with this thought when I got the idea for this recipe!
No way could you go wrong with these “fixin’s,” peppers, onions, garlic, chili powder, cilantro, and of course my other friend, “Mr. Jalapeno!”
My dear friends I will leave you with these quotes from Castaway….
“For tomorrow the Sun will rise, who knows, what the tide could bring in”
“The tide came in and gave me a sail and now here I am!”
“I have ice in my glass”
Shrimp Tacos with Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce Topping
- 1 lb medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt can substitute regular salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion coarsely chopped
- 1 medium pepper red, yellow or green pepper coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely diced
- 10 corn tortillas
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 handful cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper chopped
- 2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ground white or black pepper
- hot sauce optional
Cilantro Lime Cream Sauce Topping
- Add full container of sour cream, handful of chopped cilantro, juice of 1 lime, jalapeno, salt and pepper to a blender or chopper. Blend until smooth.
Shrimps and Veggies
- Combine shrimp in large bowl with olive oil, salt, pepper and chili powder, toss and coat completely and set aside to marinate for a few minutes.
- Heat cast iron skillet or other pan to medium heat. Add onions, peppers and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, continue cooking until peppers and onions are slightly soft and a little charred.
- Add shrimp and cook for 2 minutes on each side until shrimps turn pink or translucent.
- Remove shrimps, onions and peppers from heat and set aside in bowl or plate.
- Heat corn tortillas in non-stick pan (if you don't have non-stick pan, use regular pan and spray some vegetable oil on pan) for about 15 seconds on each side until they seem soft and manageable. You can also take a damp paper towel, wrap tortillas and heat in microwave for 15 seconds.
- Spoon the shrimp, onion and pepper mixture on the tortilla. Adding 3-5 shrimp to each corn tortilla. Top with cilantro lime sauce.
- Adjust to taste with additional cilantro, lime juice and hot sauce.
- Eat like a taco or roll up like a mini burrito and ENJOY!