These Spicy Chicken Quesadilla Wedges with Pico de Gallo ( Quesadillas de Pollo con Pico de Gallo) are always the perfect treat. Whether you make them as an appetizer, snack or meal, they’re always perfect every time. The quesadillas are served with a tasty and delicious pico de gallo.
So I say SPICY CHICKEN QUESADILLA WEDGES, you say SPICY CHICKEN QUESADILLA WEDGES, we all say SPICY CHICKEN QUESADILLA WEDGES!!
Let’s talk a little about these quarter pieces that drive all of us so crazy with love and affection. If you’re like me, then you crave them often and understand one thing about quesadillas,
their versatility! Maybe you have made them many different ways! Maybe you have used ground beef, shredded beef, pork, shredded pork, chicken cubes, chicken slices or shredded chicken. Maybe even made them with shrimp, fish, scallops, portabello mushrooms or just decided to make them completely vegetarian. I do believe though that most of us can agree on chicken still being one of our favorites.
Well since my love for spicy foods is forever existing and cognizant, I must say that when it comes to my Spicy Quesadillas Wedges, I find myself driving like “Mario Andretti” to the supermarket. You know what I’m talking about, the anticipation of getting all your ingredients together because the quicker you do, the faster you can devour them?! Funny how certain foods can make you do things literally at the last-minute and ram down anyone who comes in your way!!
Now for the Pico de Gallo! Ufff how could anyone have these magnificant quarters without this concoction?! Pico de Gallo is another favorite of mine but not just for quesadillas, gosh I could put this on anything and I mean anything! Pico de Gallo, is the perfect combination of simple ingredients, spicy, colorful and tangy. I assure you if you haven’t had this before, it will become one of your favorite dips.
So lets move on with these melt in your mouth yumminess!
Spicy Chicken Quesadilla Wedges with Pico de Gallo
- 8 flour tortillas 6 to 8 inch tortillas
- 3 cups monterey cheese can use cheddar cheese if you prefer
- 2 scallions
- 16 oz black beans rinsed and drained
- 16 oz corn rinsed and drained
- 2 lb skinless chicken breasts cooked and cubed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- salt to taste
- 1 green bell pepper sliced or chopped, whichever you prefer
- 1 white or yellow onion sliced or chopped
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
Pico de Gallo
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 3 roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1 handful fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper to taste
Pico de Gallo
- Chop roma tomatoes, red onion, jalapeno, garlic, scallions and cilantro. Place all ingredients in a bowl.
- Squeeze lime over mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix all ingredients together. With the back of a spoon, gently press down on mixture to flatten.
- Cover bowl with saran wrap and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Stir Pico de Gallo one more time before serving with quesadillas.
- Preheat skillet pan at medium heat. Add oil to pan and swirl pan to distribute oil evenly. Saute green pepper, onion and jalapeno over medium high heat until vegetables soften up a little bit. Add garlic and cook for a minute.
- Mix all dry seasoning (chili powder, cumin, paprika, ground red pepper) together. Sprinkle seasoning and a little salt over both sides of chicken breasts.
- Add a little oil to pan and swirl to distribute oil. Add chicken breasts and cook on each side over medium heat for about 7 minutes or until fully cooked through. Cube chicken and set aside.
- Take one flour tortilla and top with a layer of cheese, vegetables, chicken, some black beans, some corn, scallions and more cheese.
- Top with another tortilla and set aside.
- Assemble the rest of the quesadillas and ingredients.Will make 4 Quesadillas.
- Heat a large pan or griddle over medium heat. Spray with non stick spraying oil.
- Cook one or two quesadillas at a time for a minute or two. With a spatula, carefully flip quesadilla over and cook for an additional minute or two until nice and crispy brown on both sides.
- When done, place Quesadillas on cutting board and cut into wedges or quarters.
- Place on individual plates with Pico de Gallo or large platter for all to enjoy!
For more chicken appetizers, click here. Here’s a sneak peek what you will find!
Chicken Sopes (Sopes de Pollo)
And don’t forget to let me know what you think about them!