This Coquito Recipe-Coconut Eggnog is absolutely delicious! Serve with or without alcohol. Made with cream of coconut, coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Rich, creamy and all sorts of yummy in a glass. The only eggnog recipe you will ever need.
Christmas truly arrives in my home when I make my first batch of Coquito (co-kee-to). It’s that time of year where certain traditions come shining through. This coquito recipe is certainly one of those traditions!
What is Coquito?
Coquito is the Puerto Rican version of eggnog.
It is a rich, creamy delicious coconut blend that can be made with or without alcohol and an integral part of any Puerto Rican Christmas celebration.
Traditionally we use light or dark rum.
Without a batch of Coquito in your refrigerator, a Puerto Rican Christmas has not even begun!
A common practice in Puerto Rican homes is to make enough coquito to gift to family and friends.
Store in your refrigerator and enjoy throughout the holiday season.
How long will Coquito last?
It will lasts several weeks in your refrigerator. That will make anyone happy!
Enjoy and remember to share the coconut love this holiday season! 😊
For more traditional Christmas dishes, you will also love these.
Ensalada de Papa (Puerto Rican Potato Salad)
Ensalada de Coditos (Puerto Rican Macaroni Salad)
Coquito Recipe - Coconut Eggnog
- 15 ounces can cream of coconut
- 1 13.5 ounces can coconut milk
- 1 14 ounces can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 12 ounces can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-4 Teaspoons cinnamon start with two teaspoons, taste and see if you would like more cinnamon
- Add cream of coconut, coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, vanilla, cinnamon and rum to a blender. Blend well at high speed.
- Refrigerate for at least an 1 hour or longer. Before serving, shake well.
- Serve cold in small glasses or mugs and garnish with cinnamon sticks.
For more drinks from Mexican Appetizers and More you can check these out:
When will you be trying Coquito?