This creamy Avocado Tartar Sauce is perfect for all things seafood and even works well with some pork dishes. The pickled jalapeños offer the perfect amount of heat with every tantalizing bite. Not too mild not too spicy. Just right!
Avocado Tartar Sauce
A few things to be said about this delicious creamy Avocado Tartar Sauce. First of course it’s just flat out delicious!
Second, it’s hyper simple to make and blends perfectly with all things seafood especially fried seafood.
This sauce is one of my go to “toppings” for fish tacos, shrimp tacos, salmon cakes, crab cakes, coconut shrimp, and my lobster po boy tostadas (look out for recipe this week). Just a few recipes that automatically come to mind.
This avocado tartar sauce also works well with some pork dishes. For example carnita tacos is a great choice.
Ingredients for Avocado Tartar Sauce
- One ripe avocado
- Dijon mustard
- Pickled jalapeños
- Salt and pepper
Add the ripe avocado, mayonnaise, mustard, cilantro, lime juice and salt and pepper to a blender or food chopper and blend until smooth.
Add a few tablespoons of water to make the avocado tartar sauce somewhat pourable and blend again. If too thick just continue to add a tablespoon of water at a time until desired consistency. Taste for salt and pepper again to make sure it’s to your taste.
Add the pickled jalapeños and scallions. Stir sauce. Done.
You are ready to use your sauce with whatever seafood dishes your heart desires.
For more delicious sauces and toppings, you may want to check these out as well.
Avocado Tartar Sauce
- 1 ripe avocado pitted, peeled and chopped
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves coarsely chopped
- 2 pickled jalapeños coarsely chopped
- 2 scallions (green onions) thinly sliced
- 2 small limes juiced
- 1/4 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine avocado, mayonnaise, mustard, cilantro, lime juice, water, salt and pepper to a blender or food chopper. Blend for a few seconds until smooth.
- Check for consistency with a spoon. You want the sauce to be somewhat pourable. Add a tablespoon of water at a time if need be until you achieve desired consistency. Blend again.
- Remove from blender into a bowl and add scallions and pickled jalapeños.
- Enjoy with a variety of seafood dishes such as fish tacos, shrimp tacos, lobster tacos, crab cakes, salmon cakes etc.Also good with pork dishes such as carnita tacos.